Welcome to Busker’s Boulevard.
This year we would like to fill Ovens Street with live performances over the festival weekend and we invite all buskers to participate.
We have designated a number of areas where we would welcome you to perform and entertain our festival visitors and locals alike.
We hope you have a great weekend and thanks for adding to the colour of this year’s festival.
Please set up at one of these great Ovens Street locations:
- Cenotaph cnr Docker Street and Ovens Street – Saturday ONLY
- Rural City of Wangaratta building – either paved area between flagpoles OR top of stairs to Ovens Street entrance
- Johansen forecourt – next to The Poultry Place (perform in the indentation of the entrance
- Fountain Centre forecourt – next to Sleep Right (perform in the indentation of the entrance)
By participating you agree to abide by some simple conditions listed below:
- All sites are unpowered.
- Where the busker is performing outside a shop Council pavement trading regulations require that buskers are located 1800mm from the exterior of the shop front and 700 mm from the kerbside. In most instances this means that the busker will be on the road side of the pavement hence the requirement for unpowered sites only.
- Other sites may be utilised but the busker must have the permission of the business owner or representative on the day and all other conditions as per above must be adhered to.
- The busker must observe safety for self and the general public at all times. Electrical cords (if used) must be taped down or covered to eliminate trip hazards. Equipment must not hinder the passage of pedestrians and users of the public walk ways.
- Any buskers found to be in breach of the above conditions will, at the discretion of the on duty Council Local Laws Officers, be required to rectify the situation or to remove themselves from the area.
- Buskers must not perform at the entrance to any of the official Jazz Festival venues.
- The Cenotaph position is not available on Sunday.
- Hours of operation (all sites) are Saturday 10am – 6pm and Sunday 10am – 6pm.
- Sites are not reserved – it is a first come , first served basis. Buskers should be aware of others who may be waiting and limit their sets to no longer than 45 minutes.