With over 25,000 people expected to enjoy the Wangaratta Jazz and Blues in 2017, the Festival is our largest local community event. YOU can play a vital role in an event that boosts our city’s profile, artistic and cultural scene (including young rising music stars) and local economy.
We have around 300 volunteers register each year and they play a vital role in making the Festival happen.
- Vol Registrations Close 16th October, 2017
- Information Night 18th October, 2017
- Festival Dates 3rd/4th/5th November, 2017
How do I volunteer?
The Benefits You Gain
- Learn new skills, and boost your work experience and CV
- Meet new people and engage with both locals and visitors to our region
- Become an ambassador for our city and region
- Give back to your local community, playing an important role in its economic and cultural success
- Become a part of Australia’s foremost jazz event
All volunteers will receive an exclusive Wangaratta Jazz and Blues t-shirt to wear during their shifts.
If you work 3 or more shifts you will receive a complimentary Blues Pass.
What will I be doing?
Volunteers are required across the entire Festival (3-5 Nov) and can help out in many ways that suit their particular skills and talents. Volunteers undertake roles including:
- Box Office Support
- Administration Support
- Venue Managers
- Blues Tent general volunteers
- Ford Street general volunteers
- Bus Drivers
- Back of House general volunteers
- and lots more!
How long is each shift?
Each shift is a minimum of 4 hours.
There are light refreshments at each venue supplied for all volunteers while on duty.
Will I receive any training?
The Festival hosts a Volunteer Information Night.
Each venue also has a Venue Manager who you will report to at the start of your shift.
The Volunteer Coordinator will be available all Festival weekend.
What should I wear while volunteering?
All volunteers receive a Wangaratta Jazz and Blues exclusive t-shirt which you can team up with long pants or shorts, with closed-in, flat and comfortable shoes.
How do I find out if I have been selected to volunteer?
Once you have successfully completed a Volunteer Registration Form with all your relevant details, you will receive an email or letter of confirmation.
Should your application be successful, you will then receive notification via email and a copy of your roster at the Volunteer Information Night.
We look forward to receiving your application and thank you in advance for contributing to such a fantastic local event.