Appearing in The Amersfoort Connection, 8.15pm Friday 30 October
Adam Simmons – Broodje Hadi
Kika Sprangers Large Ensemble*
*Supported by the Amersfoort Jazz Festival
“An exciting band of virtuosi with an abundance of energy, creativity and youthful exuberance – this is today’s jazz for a new audience.” ~ Mike Nock, Sydney Jan 2020.
Two guitars, tenor saxophone, bass and drums – A R C I N G W I R E S is a 5-piece high-vibrating modern jazz rock group from Sydney, Australia. AW is a collaborative unit playing contemporary instrumental music written by all 5 members, drawing influence equally from improvised jazz and progressive rock.
2019 saw AW appear at the Sydney VIVID and Fringe festivals, as well as several interstate and international appearances:
- 5 date mini-tour of Europe, at venues in Berlin, Paris, and at Holland‘s Amersfoort Jazz Festival made possible with support from the Wangaratta Festival of Jazz and Blues through their exchange program with the 2018 National Jazz award winner Alex Hirlian
- A festival opening appearance at Indonesia’s Ubud Bali International Jazz Festival
- A 10 date tour though Queensland, New South Wales, Canberra, Victoria, and South Australia in Dec 2019, covering over 3500kms ‘by road, in tribute and appreciation of east coast-Australian musical history.
AW is thrilled to be able present a debut album “PRIME” in early November 2020.
Check out their previous releases here:
- “Catacaustic” – Single #2 from PRIME, Sept 2020. https://smarturl.it/Catacaustic
- “The Lizard” – Single #1 from PRIME, Dec 2019. https://open.spotify.com/track/3lnLvi7hJjbkHKKTbnSqc6?si=Lyy1kLZwT_aJV5jv0JIgmA
- “Sensory Overload” – Debut EP, May 2019 https://arcingwires.bandcamp.com/album/sensory-overload
Nish Manjunath – Tenor Saxophone
Felix Lalanne – Guitar
Yutaro Okuda – Guitar
Nick Henderson – Bass
Alex Hirlian – Drums